Welcome to Skyscape
Come for the stars; stay for the experience.
Relax, unwind and leave urban life behind when you stay in architecturally designed, low-environmental impact, SkyScape accommodation.
Nestled within tussocks and hillside of Omahau Hill Station, SkyScape has been purposely built to create an atmosphere of connection – to the earth and the sky.
Inset floors and natural building
materials leave you feeling at one with nature, whilst the bedroom’s glass walls and ceiling provide
stunning vistas of the Mackenzie basin and the universe above.
SkyScape is a welcoming respite from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and a truly unique way
to celebrate a special occasion.
Experience the wild beauty of New Zealand’s Mackenzie Country.
With only three SkyScapes onsite, privacy and comfort are guaranteed. Experience the luxury of:
- Relaxing under the stars in a super-size outdoor bath, filled to the brim with spring-fed water and heated just the way you like it.
- Gazing at the sky and across the Mackenzie basin, all from the comfort of your king-sized bed.
- Eco-friendly accommodation, completely off-grid with solar power and passive design for heating/cooling.
- Digital detoxing in off-grid, eco-accommodation – all you need to feel refreshed and de-stressed.
- Waking up to only the sounds of nature and enjoying a fresh continental breakfast inside or in your secluded courtyard.
An experience so good you will be glad you booked to stay another night.
Located an easy 15-minute drive from Twizel, SkyScape sits within the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve. So, on a clear night, you will have front-row seats to one of the most star-studded views in the world. Check out our gallery of stunning photos taken during our guests’ stays. Click here to View our Gallery
Staying at SkyScape is in high demand throughout the year. So book early to avoid disappointment.
Relax and unwind in a high-country oasis. Book now to secure the dates you want.
Experience the wonder of sleeping under the stars in luxurious comfort.
Stay in the loop
Sign up to our mailing list to receive updates on our progress